We provide top-quality visa services. Whether you are a business looking to hire a foreign professional, an entrepreneur looking to start your own company, or an athlete or musical performer desiring to compete in or tour through the U.S.A., we can help.
Senior Attorney Sheridan Green is a highly accomplished immigration appellate lawyer in Houston, having won important cases before the U.S. Supreme Court, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA). If your case was denied by an immigration judge, you only have 30 days to seek review with the BIA. And if the BIA denied your appeal, you only have 30 days to seek review with the federal circuit court of appeals. Don't trust just any immigration attorney with your appeals. It's a different skill set.
National Interest Waiver
Immigrant or non-immigrant visa petition stuck with USCIS? Has the listed processing time passed with no decision? We can sue them in federal court. It's called a "mandamus" petition, and we do it all the time, and it works.
Many big companies have stopped petitioning for permanent residence for their employees. This means that for many successful, high-productivity individuals, including those on H and L visas, self-petitioning for permanent residency is the only way for you and your children to remain long-term in the U.S. Sheridan Green Law PLLC has helped dozens of individuals sponsor themselves for a green card through the “national interest waiver” and "extraordinary ability" category.
Previous attorney screw up? Maybe we can fix it. We have gotten dozens of cases reopened based on arguing ineffective assistance of counsel.
Ineffective Assistance of Counsel
If you are employed in the U.S. on a visa, you need good and frequent immigration counseling--and your company's corporate immigration lawyer is not going to give it to you. Sheridan Green Law PLLC deals in employee-side immigration advice about your career-path, changing employers, and self-petitioning for your permanent residence.
Sheridan Green Law PLLC takes a unique, customer service-oriented approach to immigration legal practice. This is how we do things differently:
1. THE GOLDEN RULE: We take seriously our role as counselors and we advise you the way we would want to be advised in your place. We will not try to sell you anything you don't need and we will advise you of the risks of any proposed legal solution. And no hidden fees. Ever.
2. EMPLOYEE-FOCUSED: Workers who successfully navigate employment-based immigration know that what is in the best interest of the employer is not always what is in the best interest of the employee. Employees have options such as changing employers on an H-1B, taking a pending labor certification to a different job, and self-petitioning their green card if doing so is in the national interest. Your corporate immigration counsel will not explain any of this. Come chat with us instead.
3. COMMUNICATION: Immigration attorneys are famously non-communicative. We are different. We will respond to every communication and every email within 24 hours (much faster if we can) and we will keep you up to date on the strategy and progress of your case.
4. WE FIX MISTAKES: Immigration law is hard. Not all immigration lawyers are good at it. Senior Attorney Sheridan Green files appeals and motions to reopen other attorneys' sloppy work all the time. Bring us any denial decision, whether it is a deportation case or a visa denial. Let us look at it. We may be able to help.
5. WE CAN WRITE: For courtroom litigation, you want a trial lawyer. But a lot of immigration law is not courtroom drama trial work. It relies exclusively on skilled written communication. This applies to all appeals, motions to reopen, federal court litigation, extraordinary ability petitions, national interest waivers, O visas, and most complex requests for evidence. You can be right on the law, and if your lawyer can't communicate why you're right, you are going to lose. Senior Attorney Sheridan Green is an appellate lawyer who has won cases at the highest level, including the U.S. Supreme Court. For you, this means we write better than most immigration lawyers. And when the legal writing looks good, you look good. And when you look good, your chances of winning go up.